The NEED for URBAN and territorial PLANNING to STRUCTURE GROWTH of this city and GET A BALANCE of activities in the territory is unquestionable. The combination of these approaches is the new direction of a planning directed, first, to achieve a NOTABLE IMPROVEMENT OF THE QUALITY OF LIFE of the citizens of Jimena, and settled in the following general criteria:
- Understanding the new Plan as a CHANNELING DOCUMENT, in space and time, of public and private impulses aimed at building the city, and which must be prepared following an inductive-deductive method, avoiding hypothetical formulas.
- It must be a PROJECT, in the most radical sense of the term, as it must contain commitments to provide concrete solutions.
- We conceive it as a PROCESS of citizen participation, to involve the inhabitant of Jimena in the transformation of his city. To this effect, the project must be understandable for the population, especially in those aspects that may directly concern them.
- A new Plan must bet on a greater initiative on the part of the City Council in the actions, which serves as an engine of the objectives of the urban policy.
- And finally, and as general management criteria, essentially linked to the previous ones, the new Plan must: seek a proportional distribution of responsibilities and benefits derived from the development and maintenance of the city that should affect the entire resident population; guarantee the PARTICIPATION of the community in the benefits generated by the growth of the city, creating an important public heritage of land; guarantee a sustained public investment and ensure the economic and financial VIABILITY of all urban development initiatives, whether public or private; and COORDINATE the urban intervention of all public administrations on the city.