The NEW PLAN of Palma must base its objectives and criteria on the two structuring objectives established by the LUIB: the general principle of SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT; and the improvement of the QUALITY OF LIFE of the citizens.
The territorial aspects of the General Plan of Palma will be addressed from the perspective of SUSTAINABLE URBANISM considering, at least, the following aspects:
– Definition of a clear city model, agreed and socially assumed.
– The conditions of the site, of the territorial support and the territorial flexibility of the adjoining municipal planning.
– Efficient consumption of soil against anthropogenic pressure generating a dispersed city and consumer of rustic land, reversing the disorganized growth in oil slick.
– Treatment of legal settlements.
– Efficient rehabilitation of urban plots, optimizing energy efficiency and resilience in the medium- and long-term climate scenarios.
– The study of urban metabolism,
– Attention to the vulnerability of the population.
– Implementation of a housing policy.
– Demands for planning from existing needs.
– Defense of the Historic Center of Palma.
– Regulation of tourist use and holiday homes.
– Preservation of the urban identity of the traditional perimeter urban centers.