As GLOBAL CITY PROJECT, the Montilla PGOU links a set of actions on the territory for operational purposes. In this sense, the Plan has a MAINLY INSTRUMENTAL ROLE. A COMPREHENSIVE, BALANCED AND SUSTAINABLE, OPEN AND FLEXIBLE, PARTICIPATORY PLAN, REALISTIC AND MANAGEABLE PROCESS. Based on a sustainable mode of development, the Plan has the following main objectives:
– Promote the diversity of land uses.
– Search the quality of public spaces and green areas.
– Solve congestion and pollution problems
– Solve problems related to the management and disposal of waste.
– Contemplate in a comprehensive manner the water cycle.
– To alleviate the negative effects of noise pollution.
– Introduce the criterion of energy saving.
– Develop studies and recommendations to improve the environmental quality of the city.